Website Barnes and Noble
To be a great bookseller, you provide excellent customer service which is friendly, genuine and professional, and you always put the customers first ahead of everything and anything else. You make the shopping experience engaging and interactive by enthusiastically sharing your knowledge whether face to face or over the phone, helping a customer choose a new book, or a special gift. A bookseller creates enticing displays which are neat, tidy, and vibrant to the customer. Your passion for bookselling and willingness to help, ensures your customers look forward to coming into your store. From creating inspiring displays to helping at our special events, there is always an opportunity to demonstrate initiative and your passion for books and people.
- Identify key titles and communicate with your store team on opportunities to tailor the merchandise selection to reflect the community.
- Keep the store neat and tidy, creating displays and ensuring the bookstore is always shoppable and inviting.
- Educate yourself continuously on books and the industry, supporting the store with this knowledge to give customers a great experience when they visit and shop.
- Leverage key campaigns such as Our Monthly Picks, preorders, etc., to hand sell and engage in conversation with every customer.
- Ensure a vibrant bookstore through the flawless execution of bookstore basics, showing a commitment to presentation, commerciality, section detail, localization and sense of theater.
- Recognize and offer to help both customers and employees with urgency and care.
- Create a welcoming environment for customers where you engage with them and share your love and knowledge of books and make relevant recommendations.
- Protect company assets by adhering to all processes in controlling shrink, expense and payroll.
- Help with events and community outreach.
- Support company goals and initiatives and is a team player.
- Listen to people and enjoy solving problems.
- Enjoy working with people.
- Can clearly and respectfully communicate and express oneself.
- Show respect and kindness to fellow booksellers and customers.
- Accept responsibility and execute all assignments correctly and with care.
- Passionate reader and knowledgeable about books.
- Energized by working in an ever-changing environment.
- Positive and can-do attitude.
- Enjoy making recommendations and engaging with others.
- Exhibit and demonstrate initiative.
Company: Barnes and Noble
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Job Location: Durham, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A