Website American Express
Extraordinary colleague digital experiences don’t happen by accident. As an engineer supporting the General Counsel’s Organization (GCO), you will engineer and integrate solutions that leverage best-of-breed vendor products and services to support the mission of the GCO to protect and strengthen American Express through world-class expertise and strategic advice. If you love working with APIs, architecting solutions in an enterprise environment, engineering interfaces between systems, information security, and configuring the latest technologies, we’ll support you with an open environment and learning culture to grow your career.
- Perform technical aspects of software development, configuration, and remediation for assigned applications including design, developing prototypes, and coding assignments
- Review user stories/specifications to ensure complete requirements for development and testing.
- Develop, support, configure, and maintain strategic applications and workflows for the GCO (Mitratech, SharePoint, Power BI, Documentum, Microsoft PowerApps, etc.)
- Ensure alignment of strategy, architecture, tools/methods with engineers and architects to execute product roadmaps
- Provide L2/L3 production support for assigned applications
- Mentor and guide junior and contingent team members through ongoing development efforts and enforce team standards
- Automate deployments in test and production environments and leverage enterprise CI/CD
- Develop deep understanding of GCO front-end application logic, middleware, backend technologies, and dependencies within a SaaS/PaaS/Cloud technology environment
- Effectively communicate to technical and non-technical peers, and business partners to gather requirements and communicate solutions
- Lead the deployment, support, and monitoring of software across test, integration, and production environments.
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, APIs, relational databases, and analytical tools
- Microsoft PowerSuite or WorkFlow experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer science engineering, or related experience required; advanced degree preferred
- Wide breath of engineering experience, including configuration of 3rd party applications (SaaS)
- Extensive experience developing code and scripts in a major programming or scripting language, e.g. Java, Python, etc.
- Proven experience leading teams of engineers
- Hands-on expertise with application design, software development, and automated testing
- Server certificate renewal processing
- Experience with CICD tools including GIT, Jenkins, and XLR
- Experience developing web services and APIs (SOAP/REST)
Company: American Express
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Phoenix AZ, US
Application Deadline: N/A