Come join our team as a Solutions Architect and help us accelerate our growing U.S. Defense Department business as part of the World Wide Public Sector practice. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon’s truly innovative technical teams, while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies anywhere.
- In this role, you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build broad use of Amazon’s utility computing web services (e.g., Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon S3, Amazon EC2, and Amazon CloudFront) directly with customers and our ecosystem of system integrators and solution providers.
- Your broad responsibilities will include: owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation projects
- Defining implementation architectures, responding to RFPs, developing a deep expertise in the AWS technologies as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the AWS platform; and being a subject matter expert on security as it relates to customer applications and services.
- You will provide thoughtful technical design and offer sensitivity to our customer needs in the Defense markets for cloud computing working with a truly innovative sales and business development team.
- You will lead efforts to capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solution architect community.
- You will have the opportunity to learn from, collaborate with, and educate some of the brightest technical minds in the industry today across the breadth of enterprise architecture.
- Deep-dive technical discussions around design and the curiosity to keep your technical skills current while maintaining a pulse on industry trends
- Creating, building, educating, training and designing cloud computing architectures for our Defense Department customers.
- Operational – Web site/services operations, management, and security
- Executive Speaking and Presentation Skills – White board, small and large group presentations
- Technical – Web Services development/deployment experience, cloud computing
- The position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen.
- Economic and business – RFP/Acquisition support; Technical architecture; understanding market trends; cost benefit analysis
- Advisory/Consulting experience with Defense Department customers
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Durham, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A