The OMR will function as a part of the larger team onsite, helping to provide assistance with all first aid needs and support operations as needed. This includes attending weekly associate committee meetings, greeting all new hires for the site, either within a group setting at New Hire Orientation or through one-on-one interaction. The OMR will also participate, as needed in incident investigations and weekly case management review meetings.
- Facilitate and maintain the workers’ compensation and return to work process for associates with work related injuries.
- Maintain all records of care provided to AAs.
- Provide triage, first aid, and/or referral to outside medical providers, if indicated.
- Provide daily activity logs and end of shift reports.
- Spend frequent time on the warehouse floor to interact and engage with AAs and managers to coach on observed at-risk work habits.
- Minimize the AA risk of injury through awareness, education and proactive engagement.
- Develop a first aid care plan for AAs recovering from an injury, focused on injury improvement, including self-care instructions as needed.
- Monitor and ensure appropriate medical supply inventory is maintained. Participate in special projects and ad hoc tasks as assigned.
- Maintain a clean and orderly environment.
- Willing to be trained to teach first aid, CPR, and AED certification classes.
- Passion for promoting health and wellness
- High school or equivalent diploma
- Experience with an industrial wellness program
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Certified to teach first aid, CPR, and AED training from American Heart Association or American Red Cross
- Must have a valid card evidencing successful completion of a first aid, CPR, and AED course from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross.
- Valid current State EMT-Basic Certification from the Department of Health AND/OR the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) AND/OR Valid Provincial Primary Care Paramedic Certification from the Ministry of Health AND/OR the Canadian Organization of Paramedic Regulators
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: St. Petersburg, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A