As a Data Center Construction Manager you will be a part of a creative, diverse team tasked with solving fascinating problems constructing Amazon Data Centers. Our data centers are industry-leading examples of energy efficient, cost-effective designs. You will work alongside partner teams such as Operations, Networking, Controls, Security, and Commissioning to build Data Centers that directly support our Customers.
As our Data Center Construction Manager, you will build some of the most interesting electrical and mechanical systems in the world. You will be on the construction site daily interacting with the construction trades, as Amazon’s owner’s representative and be directly responsible for driving cost, schedule, and quality while managing construction vendors and contractors building data centers.
- Create construction project scope and request for proposals.
- Construction project quality control.
- Construction document management including submittal review, RFI’s, change orders, and invoicing.
- Direct interface with construction general contractors during the bidding, award, execution, and project closeout/punch list phases.
- Financial analysis of construction.
- Conduct negotiations with general contractors and evaluate bids/proposals with detail and accuracy.
- Construction project management for specific initiatives aimed at increasing the resiliency of our data centers.
- Constructability reviews of electrical and mechanical designs associated with the construction of new data centers or optimization of existing data centers.
- Understand electrical engineering principles including switch gear, UPS, transformers, and circuit breakers. Understand mechanical engineering principles for cooling systems.
- 5+ years of experience in construction management of large, complex projects involving large-scale mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) plants.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Construction Management or an equivalent engineering science OR 4+ years of related construction management experience in lieu of a degree.
- 4+ years of general contractor and vendor management experience (request for proposals, bidding, change orders, quality control, RFI/submittal tracking) associated with construction and project execution.
- Possess clear written and verbal communication skills and ability to use data to justify conclusions.
- Experience directly related to the design or construction of data centers/critical infrastructure or large scale mechanical and electrical plants.
- 4+ years of experience constructing electrical engineering systems including large scale power distribution/generation gear and constructing mechanical engineering systems including cooling systems.
- Value engineering: proven ability to reduce costs through creative solutions with no impact on quality and reliability (new designs, technology, or construction methods).
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Canton, OH, US
Application Deadline: N/A