As an Area Manager, you’ll have responsibility for the day to day management of a Delivery Station, providing leadership to Shift Managers, Operations Supervisors, Operations Assistants and Delivery Service Providers, managing external agency relationships and performance. This team will be entrepreneurial, wear many hats, and work in a highly collaborative environment that’s more start-up than big company. We’re in unchartered territory, doing what’s never been done. The adopted attitude is that no idea is a bad idea, and the best ideas are the ones that should be tested and tried. You will need to thrive and deliver results in an ambiguous, fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Overseeing the operation that focuses on the delivery of Amazon orders direct to customers
- Working to KPIs such as Delivery On Time, First Time Delivery Success and Enhancing Customer Service
- Thinking analytically about project management with attention to detail, the ability to influence others and exceptional organisational skills.
- Being obsessed by metrics and diving deep to find root causes quickly, to drive improvements
- Finds practical and simple solutions to complex problems without sacrificing quality or core functionality
- Map business requirements, understand business process, study and analyze workflows, design solutions.
- Continuously utilize software and hardware tools to ensure normal day to day operations.
- Ensure associates have proper tools to perform the job and coordinate repair or replacement when needed.
- Qualifications in Engineering, Operations, or related fields is a plus • Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and build partnership relationships with both agency management representatives and their delivery providers
- Experience with performance metrics and process improvement with demonstrable problem solving skills and analytical skills
- Has knowledge and experience in direct-to-customer fulfilment operations as well as excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Experience defining projects, collecting requirements, designing process solutions
- A forward thinker, with an ability to manage high levels of ambiguity and thrive on change.
- Ability to work for different managers: we move managers around to meet business needs and as our business grows and you must adapt to changes in management
- Excellent customer service skills and interpersonal skills
- Direct management experience for employees and their performance
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Birmingham, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A