Amazon Operations sits at the heart of the Amazon customer experience. We look after everything from the moment a customer clicks buy, to the moment their item is delivered – from desktop to doorstep.
We are looking for motivated, customer-focused people who want to join our team as a Reliability Maintenance Engineering Technician. The focus of the Reliability Maintenance Engineering Technician role is to ensure safety regulations and policies are adhered to, to ensure preventative maintenance is conducted on time to a high standard and to provide high levels of equipment availability through continuous improvement.
- Support and learn from Senior Reliability Engineering Technicians.
- Put health & safety best practices first in all work carried out ensuring compliance with all health & safety standards and regulations.
- Carry out compliance tasks in line with country legislation that do not require specialist intervention.
- Management of critical spare parts inventory utilizing CMMS system (EAM).
- React quickly to breakdowns, communicate clearly with affected parties and work efficiently to fix the issue.
- Provide high levels of equipment availability to our internal customers.
- Support continuous improvement by learning from breakdowns and sending feedback and suggestions for improvements through the line manager.
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance on the full range of equipment within the site.
- Management of escalations to specialist subcontractors where required.
- Work in a hands-on manner and demonstrate required knowledge on all Material Handling Equipment in the building.
- On-site support and responsibility for management and escalation of high severity tickets.
- Carry out scheduled/ad hoc audits using online tools (iAuditor, EAM).
- Management of contractors.
- Control and management of cleaning and waste companies.
- Experience of maintaining/configuring bar code scanners.
- Experience in interpreting both mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Experience fault finding within MHE (Material Handling Equipment)/Automation systems.
- Served a full engineering indentured apprenticeship and/or qualified to a minimum of NVQ level 3 or equivalent
- Experience of planned preventative maintenance systems.
- Experience of sortation machines.
- Experience of conveyor maintenance, motor controllers/inverters.
- Experience in fault finding on building equipment i.e HVAC, Dock Doors, plumbing and general building maintenance tasks.
- Multi skilled in both electrical and mechanical disciplines.
- Experience of print and apply machines.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Application Deadline: N/A