Responsible for the investigation, valuation, establishment of exposure, negotiation and settlement of first party property claims within a predetermined settlement authority. Ensures that all assigned claims are concluded promptly, equitably and economically within the provisions of the policy contract and in accordance with the damages presented.
- Treat customers in a courteous, friendly and professional manner providing timely, thorough, accurate information and assistance.
- Maintain a complete and thoroughly detailed claim file ensuring claim files are accurately detailed and all supporting documents are dedicated.
- Negotiates settlement of claims with insureds while following established, authorized settlement authority.
- Work closely with the field appraisers to ensure accurate and timely damage evaluations.
- Handle initial report of loss and control costs. Investigating, evaluating, and negotiating claims, in order to reach a fair and equitable settlement.
- Adjusts reserves to accurately reflect the exposure and issue payments to the appropriate parties.
- Handles questions on coverage with a reservation of rights letter and/or non-waiver agreement.
- Uses conscientious communication and persuasive negotiation to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Prior experience as an Auto Liability Claims Adjuster preferred.
- Perform technical tasks required to support ongoing business operations.
- 3+ years of Property and casualty experience required.
- Typically requires sophisticated knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs.
- HS diploma or equivalent required. Associate / Bachelor’s degree in business related subject area preferred. Education may be used as a proxy for experience.
- Prior experience handling theft, fire and false pretense claims preferred.
- Prior experience reading and interpreting commercial insurance policies preferred.
- Multi-state adjuster licenses required.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Itasca, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A