The Tax Analyst will be a member of Ally’s Tax Staff. The position will be multi-disciplinary and focus primarily on assisting with federal income taxes. The position will require interaction with the corporate accounting group as well as other business groups within the company and will report directly to a Tax Manager.
- Assist with tax calculations related to our long-term forecasts and required stress tests
- Provide analytical tax and accounting support to internal business partners
- Support the preparation of federal tax accruals and tax account reconciliations
- Assist with the preparation of federal tax returns and payments
- Assist in maintaining schedules of book/tax differences and tax-sensitive accounts
- Assist with other projects as necessary
- Assist in the preparation of tax compliance workbooks
- Assist with the preparation of responses to GAAP and federal tax audits
- CPA (or equivalent) and /or JD preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required (Accounting major preferred)
- Sound technical tax and/or accounting skills for area of expertise
- Regularly exhibit a strong work ethic and high degree of self-motivation
- Strong organization skills and ability to work independently as well as a team member.
- Strong computer skills, especially Excel. Knowledge of SAP, database logic, and OneSource Tax Products is a plus.
- Experience conducting Tax research including the ability to evaluate technical Tax literature and communicate requirements to operating units and senior management.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with professionals at all levels.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience. Some public accounting is preferred but not required.
- A sense of urgency, timeliness and thorough attention to detail.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Detroit, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A