Website Air Canada
Air Canada seeks technically experienced Specialist, Digital Enablement (DevOps) who is highly motivated and collaborative to work on the successful delivery and maintenance of mobile and web applications. You will be working on automating application deployments, monitoring and implementing best coding practices by working closely with development teams. The Specialist will also work on integrating deliverables by various teams for our end customers. Successful candidate should be able to execute and automate operational processes with utmost quality, accuracy and security.
- Maintains data standard and security measures through the implementation of information technology plans, policies, and standards.
- Apply effective coding practices for error-free timely release.
- Automate the build and release of multiple projects by implementing automation tools and frameworks (CI/CD pipelines).
- Maintaining and updating technical documents and procedures accompanied by configuration and design of database models relative the requirements of the organization
- Develop, deliver and maintain applications as per desired technology architecture and business requirements while ensuring highest quality of end-products through introduction of new tools, technology and practices for evolution of processes & optimization of applications.
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to solve development constraints and deployment issues
- Configure complex installations and quickly resolve all defects or script issues found within the installation.
- Maintain code branches along with integrations of code across multiple branches.
- Accountable and responsible to own a specific delivery area, with teams having similar or uniform skill sets
- Experience with cloud-based monitoring logging, cost analysis tools
- Experience and proficiency with Linux system administration.
- A relevant University degree/technical certification, and/or relevant experience commensurate to the role
- Strong scripting (e.g. Python) and automation skills.
- AWS certification is preferred.
- Solid experience as a DevOps Engineer, including automation experience with configuration management tools.
- 4+ years of DevOps or related experience with gradually increasing responsibilities and a demonstrated understanding of DevOps and technical quality control processes, artifacts and tools.
- 9-12 years of overall IT technology experience
- At least 2+ years AWS experience using a broad range of AWS technologies (e.g. EC2, RDS, ELB, EBD, S3, VPC, Glacier, IAM, CloudWatch) to develop and maintain an Amazon AWS based cloud solution.
- Experience with version control repositories like GIT
Company: Air Canada
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Richmond, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A