Website Air Canada
As one of Air Canada’s Maintenance Mechanics you will work directly with the Facilities Maintenance group to ensure all Hangar facilities and all related equipment are maintained to manufacturer’s standards. Close coordination with the internal AC tenants of our buildings is necessary to ensure services do not impact airline operations. Building and fostering a culture of teamwork is extremely important. This position regularly interacts with people at all levels throughout the company and should represent the Facilities Department as a professional partner at all times.
- Weekly maintenance and run up to our Fire suppression system throughout the Hangars
- Providing various mechanical, structural, and rotating equipment support; maintaining optimum functionality for Hangar equipment and systems by performing inspections, completing preventive maintenance measures, and repairing equipment and system
- Welding experience with MIG, TIG and Plasma cutters
- General work with a basic understanding of electrical safety is a must.
- Providing support to various internal business units to perform a wide variety of services ensuring that special events are successful.
- Respond to emergencies including nights and weekends when on call to correct unsafe or hazardous conditions.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and prioritize tasks in a self-directed work environment and maintain high levels of productivity without direct supervision.
- The ability to communicate effectively and provide direction to contractors and vendors performing services for the company.
- Candidate must have and demonstrate the following:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work at heights
- 5 years of hands-on experience working in a fast paced multi-facility environment, with a focus on providing the best possible service to a demanding group of Tenants.
- Strong customer service and problem solving aptitude.
- Must have the ability to learn quickly, work autonomously, and address any issues that arise day or night
- A willingness to provide on-call support in case of emergencies or other off-hours issues
- Industrial Millwright or Sprinkler Fitter – Red seal Certificate
- Valid Driver’s license with good driving record.
- Work experience in Maintaining and repairing a variety of life safety systems, plumbing, and building repairs.
Company: Air Canada
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A