Website Air Canada
The Crew Productivity Manager is accountable to lead attendance programs and processes, ensuring consistent application up to and including individual case handling and outcomes in order to reduce absenteeism, identify misuse of programs, reduce overall costs and achieve targets.
- Promote healthy and productive workforce initiatives
- Lead the development and enhancement of all attendance programs and processes.
- Extract and analyze daily absenteeism reports in order to identify pattern absenteeism, travel while on book off status, no sick time remaining, and follow up with corrective action as required.
- Analyze and challenge existing processes in an effort to make continuous improvements.
- Anticipate, identify and resolve attendance problems with a results-oriented approach to increasing overall reliability of employees.
- Identify employees who are abusing attendance programs and provide coaching and counseling in an effort to reduce absenteeism levels and overall costs.
- Regularly review cases and files – contest and negotiate decisions as appropriate.
- Lead, motivate and coach Cabin Crew; provide constructive feedback, action plans, yearly goals and objectives.
- Manage, monitor and co-ordinate various activities and processes to achieve excellence in the areas of attendance
- Proactively manage WCB and GDIP employee files focusing on individual’s safe and early return to work.
- Exhibit leadership qualities which elicit trust in employees and demonstrate leadership judgment
- Sound knowledge of team building/ leading a team
- Strong employee focus; treating all employees with professionalism and care
- Airline experience, with specific knowledge of In-Flight Service
- Excellent problem solving skills; ability to apply creative solutions that have a positive impact on results
- Able to influence, convince and create mutually acceptable solutions in the context of conflicts
- Recognized ability to work under pressure, handle stressful situations and maintain flexibility
- Genuine desire to contribute to the betterment of Air Canada
- Ability to respond quickly to situations and seize opportunities
- Possess an energetic and tenacious achievement orientation
Company: Air Canada
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Montreal, Québec, CA
Application Deadline: N/A