Website Air Canada
Reporting to the Senior Director, Global Operations – Cargo, the Operations Support Manager, will be responsible for providing operational, administrative, process, procurement, and financial support to our global operations team. This position provides key support for improving organizational effectiveness and execution without our global operations team.
- Resolve complex problems within area of responsibility, consult relevant documentation, and liaise with appropriate resource persons to obtain and provide information on a variety of diverse and complex administrative issues.
- Implement, maintain and consolidate budgets. Create financial projections, make adjustments to budgets throughout the fiscal year and ensure funds properly allocated.
- Responsible for global inventory purchasing and cargo consumables, including but not limited to, associated budgeting and reporting.
- Establish priorities for general office operations.
- Collect, analyze, assess, and summarize general and financial information relevant to purchasing processes and develop recommendations for final approval and implementation.
- Write and communicate a variety of process documents such as correspondence, procedure manuals, reports, and minutes to guide and support the management team on various business process.
- Collaborate with Senior Director, Global Operations – Cargo to prepare and execute detailed presentations, business cases, action plans around AFCs,
- Scheduling internal and external meetings, conference calls, site tours; co-ordinate documents and materials for all meetings
- Review, analyse, recommend and participate in the development of internal procedural changes or work methods to improve unit efficiency.
- Act as key point of contact and resource for the management team to enhance communication and information flow amongst the team.
- Excellent organizational skills: planning, priority setting and managing through systems
- Expert knowledge of Windows and all Microsoft Office products
- Strong sense of initiative and disposition to innovate to improve processes
- Ability to work well and maintain composure under pressure, meet deadlines and work with minimum supervision
- A very high degree of diplomacy, discretion, professional maturity and judgement
- Flexibility and willingness to work extended hours, on occasion
- Strong interpersonal skills: problem solving, customer focused, approachability
- Excellent communication skills
- Looks beyond the obvious and is able to overcome obstacles and challenges
Company: Air Canada
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A