AECOM has a unique opportunity for a Senior Program Manager within our Environmental business line to be based in any AECOM office on the East Coast, preferably Mid-Atlantic. This role will involve overseeing high-profile and complex projects throughout the eastern seaboard. The position requires an especially accomplished individual to lead and influence solutions and strategies for a large portfolio of remediation sites.
Our Construction Manager/Resident Engineer careers allow you to utilize your eadership skills on Water and Wastewater Treatment and Conveyance projects. Job requirements include:
- Leading and influencing solutions to site safety, environmental, and health issues relating to soil and ground water remediation projects.
- Developing and implementing project strategies for remediation projects which address client’s total risk, including third party and community concerns that are economically and technically sound and follow applicable laws, regulations, and corporate policies.
- Evaluating results and managing contractors to ensure that client’s guidelines are followed, including reviewing, and approving work plans, resources, reports, regulatory submissions, and third-party reimbursement.
- Interfaces and negotiates technical issues with regulatory officials.
- Financial management, which includes accrual preparation and justification, multi-year budget estimates, and forecasting and managing remediation project expenditures.
- Ensuring that all contracted activities are performed safely on assigned projects.
- Communicates with stakeholders who are affected by contamination with knowledge/consideration of local and regional social, political, and legal issues.
- Ensures that best practices and appropriate technology are used for all remediation activities.
- Proven experience with regulator and stakeholder negotiations.
- Thorough working knowledge of RCRA, CERCLA, UST regulations
- Strong understanding and has led professional teams in executing Site Investigations, Remedial Investigations, Feasibility Studies, Risk Assessment, and Treatability Studies.
- Due to the nature of work US Citizenship is required.
- Superior communication skills (writing, editing, and reporting) for a wide variety of audiences.
- Proven experience successfully managing high-profile, multi-faceted projects involving petroleum impacts.
- Experience preparing proposals, cost estimates, schedules, and change orders.
- Experience in team management and scheduling of staff and resources to ensure on time and on budget project delivery.
- Excellent client management skills.
- At least 15 years overall professional experience with at least 10 of those years in a prominent role on identifiable remediation programs on the east coast including New Jersey DEP experience.
- Master’s Degree a plus in Geology, Engineering, Science or related field.
- BA/BS in Geology, Engineering, Science or related field + 4 years of Program Management experience related experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and communication skills (both verbal and written).
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Suwanee, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A