AECOM is actively seeking a Senior Construction Manager with Water/Wastewater Treatment Plant experience for employment within the San Francisco Bay Area – San Francisco, Oakland, and San Jose CA.
Our Construction Manager/Resident Engineer careers allow you to utilize your leadership skills on Water and Wastewater Treatment and Conveyance projects. Job requirements include:
- Support program and project controls activities through schedule control, cost control, change management, risk management, and reporting tools.
- Understanding and/or development of start-up and commissioning plans and identify associated resources as necessary.
- Responsible for the enforcement of contract documents including plans and specifications.
- Maintain electronic document control systems and project files/documentation.
- Work to build a cooperative partnership between client, contractors, and all stakeholders to ensure timely resolution of project issues and the overall success of the project.
- Demonstrate effective risk management and mitigation practices through proper risk identification, assessment, tracking, and communication.
- Lead on-site delivery of construction management (CM) services and manage a staff of CM professionals including Assistant RE/CMs, Office Engineers, Inspectors, and other CM professionals, as necessary.
- Actively manage and report on the status of the construction schedule and budget. Monitor the contract progress and make recommendation to client for contractor payments.
- Support construction safety implementation through understanding of safety requirements. Develop a safety culture within the project CM Team. Confirm construction contractor safety programs are submitted, approved, and followed by all parties involved in the project.
- Lead project meetings with contractor and stakeholders.
- Implement schedule, cost, quality, communication, decision-making, and information tools and processes across the project.
- Demonstrated highly effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven working knowledge of construction scheduling including experience with P6.
- Familiarity and/or experience in Alternative Delivery, including CMAR or Design-Build delivery models.
- Proven as excellent leader with exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Must have demonstrated proficiency in the use of computers to prepare reports using Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with Project Management Information System (PMIS) and Construction Management Information System (CMIS) software applications and processes.
- Ten (10) years of progressively challenging experience on major construction projects performing Construction Management
- Bachelors Degree in Construction Engineering, Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or related degree
- Construction management experience working on water and/or wastewater treatment facilities, pump stations, storage facilities, and conveyance pipelines.
- Construction Management experience on projects valued at $50M and greater.
- Experience working in/for municipal agencies or utility infrastructure organizations.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Jose, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A