AECOM is seeking a Senior Architecture and Engineering Federal Project Manager based in our Tampa, Florida office to lead and execute multidisciplinary federal projects.
- This position is client facing and a primary interface with customers and contracting partners.
- Fulfills requirement as team leader of a large/multi-disciplined projects and consultant teams
- Travels to client sites for project investigations, definition workshops, charrettes and project meetings
- Organizes and directs all activities between the technical and administrative aspects of projects and/or program including scheduling, budgeting, cost control, cash flow, QA/QC, risk analysis, document control and management information systems
- Performs A/E project management duties, leadership, and people accountability responsibilities for projects assigned
- Manages the scope, schedule, and budget across the project lifecycle – from conceptual studies to full design and construction administration.
- Plans and manages project staffing requirements, reports project performance, and identifies and addresses scope creep, schedule, or quality issues to ensure a successful delivery of assigned projects.
- Focuses on providing program, project and construction management services on primarily federal client program(s) in the Southeast Region
Furnishes all information via SOW, sketches, layouts, and verbal or written information needed by the design team to understand the requirements
- Works directly with and manage marketing and proposal team in creating a clear concise proposal
- Applies a practical knowledge of architectural and engineering methods, techniques and historical project data to ensure project requirements are complete Mentors and provides career development to junior members of the team
- Writes scope documents in response to specific client task requests
- Successfully delivers projects within the clients’ budget and schedule requirements, while delivering targeted profit to the firm
- Advocates for design excellence and quality in overall program and all project deliverables; works proactively with federal clients to identify expectations and achieve Very Good to Exceptional CPARS ratings
- May supervise one or more project managers.
- Has the ability to support business development activities through early client interaction, “scope of work” development, interviews, and on-going client maintenance interface
- Five (5) years of Federal experience, i.e. NAVFAC, USACE, or USAF (DoD) experience is preferred
- Master’s degree in Architecture or one of the following Building Engineering disciplines: Structural, Mechanical, Civil, Fire Protection or
- Electrical Engineering
- Experience with Building Information Modeling (Revit), Bluebeam, and AutoCAD
- Fifteen (15) years of related experience, including five (5) years as an A/E project manager is preferred
- BA/BS and ten (10) years of related experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education, including two (2) years of leadership
- Knowledge of the Federal marketplace, FAR/DFARs, UFCs, key clients, and industry trends
- The ideal candidate understands and has a proven track record in driving business fundamentals that include client leadership, business development, financial oversight, design quality, and project delivery.
- US citizenship is required
- Registered Architect or Professional Engineer license required
- A strong desire to train, mentor and develop staff to grow their careers and the business
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Naples, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A